Friday, July 3, 2009

30 days free Navigon SatNav navigation for Symbian OS

Navigon is currently offering a 30-day full European Sat Navigation for Symbian OS phones. You can download it from www.navigon.co.uk. It's about 2GB in size so prepare for a lenghty download if your net connection is slow. I've used Navigon software in the past, mainly on my car Sat Nav (Fujitsu Siemens Pocket Loox). I liked the interface although the navigation was a bit "iffy", things have moved a lot since then - I have never updated my maps on PocketLoox since Navigon charge arm and a leg for their maps updates. I think it's ridiculous to charge that much considering that Nokia provides free maps and you just pay for the actual navigation (which, to be honest is still quite pricey I think).

I am going to give this Symbian's Navigon edition a go, hopefully things have improved since the edition 6.0. By the way, this is Mobile Navigon 7.0 edition.